This collection documents the lives of the Horton and Morrison families, the evolution of the college and contains 14 works of art by Fisk Boyd donated to the College’s Library. Orange County Community College, the first county-sponsored community college in the State University of New York, was established in 1950 on a 16-acre estate built by Webb Horton and donated by Christine Morrison.
Browse all Orange County Community College Collections
Browse the Horton and Morrison Family Collection
Morrison Hall is the architectural centerpiece of the College. The mansion was built between 1902 and 1907 as a family residence by Webb Horton, a successful tanner and industrialist. Horton’s son, Eugene, bequeathed the mansion and surrounding property to his cousin John Horton Morrison. In 1950, Morrison’s spouse, Christine, donated the mansion and 16-acre estate to house Orange County Community College.
Browse the College History Collection
Landscape views, mostly aerial, of the early College campus.
Browse the Fiske Boyd Collection
This collection, donated by former Orange County Community College Dean George Shepard, contains 14 works of art by Fisk Boyd (1895-1975). A painter, graphic artist, block printer and teacher, Boyd lived in Washingtonville with his wife for many years. He was a member of the Woodstock artist colony and his works have been displayed in prominent museums and galleries throughout the country.